Drew Brees and Matt Ryan are two quarterbacks that can architect a high-scoring game at any given day. This week, they will headline Monday Night Football in what could be an entertaining duel, as the Atlanta Falcons visit the New Orleans Saints. Read on below for everything you need to know for this Monday Night Week 3 showdown.
NFL News and Previews
- Washington Redskins vs. Kansas City Chiefs Preview - October 2, 2017
- Oakland Raiders vs. Denver Broncos Preview - October 1, 2017
- Carolina Panthers vs. New England Patriots Preview - October 1, 2017
- 2017 NFL Week 4 Picks and Predictions
Atlanta Falcons vs. New Orleans Saints Preview
Where: Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans
When: Monday, September 26, 2016, 8:30 PM ET
TV Broadcast: ESPN
The Falcons are coming off a win where Ryan completed 26 of his 34 passes for 396 yards and three touchdowns. Beating a currently poor defensive team like the Oakland Raiders, 35-28, isn’t something to be excited about, but it’s a good momentum-builder. With the Saints allowing a pitiful 71-percent completion rate against opposing QBs, Ryan should feel extra confident in his decisions and throws.
It’s still early in the season, but the winless Saints should view this as a must-win game. Falling to a 0-3 hole will not be good in the NFC South, where teams are either dangerous defensively (Panthers) or offensively (Falcons, Bucs). A good strategy for the Saints is to test the Falcons secondary. Together, their two speedy receivers, Brandin Cooks and Willie Snead, are averaging 109 yards per game on 16 yards per catch.
The Falcons’ All-Pro receiver Julio Jones (ankle and calf) and the Saints’ key receiver Willie Snead (toe) will be game-time decisions.
Where to Watch
This MNF game will be live on ESPN, 8:30 PM ET. You may also catch the game on your computers or tablets by subscribing to WatchESPN or NFL Game Pass.
- The Falcons are 4-1 SU and ATS in their last five games as underdogs.
- The Falcons are 2-3 SU and ATS in their last five road games.
- The Falcons are 1-4 SU and ATS in their last five games in New Orleans.
- The Falcons are 2-3 SU (3-2 ATS) in their last five games against New Orleans.
- The Saints are 1-4 SU (2-3 ATS) in their last five home games.
- The Saints are 2-3 SU (1-3-1 ATS) in their last five games as favorites.
This is a good game to bet on a pass/sack play. Each team is equipped with a pass-happy QB and Ryan and Brees may try to one-up each other in passing yards and gunslinging abilities right from the get-go.
The Falcons (+3) edge past the Saints, 28-21.
Create a betting account now to get your bets in before this Monday Night Football matchup and all the other NFL games this 2016 season.
2,354 total views, 1 views today