This week’s Monday Night Football features two teams that have interesting differences. The Giants’ starting quarterback, Eli Manning, is now on his 13th year with the team. His Vikings counterpart, Sam Bradford, meanwhile, is just entering his first month in Minnesota. The distinction continues on the team’s specializations – the Giants on offense, the Vikings on defense.
Know more about this Week 4 matchup by reading below!
NFL News and Previews
- Washington Redskins vs. Kansas City Chiefs Preview - October 2, 2017
- Oakland Raiders vs. Denver Broncos Preview - October 1, 2017
- Carolina Panthers vs. New England Patriots Preview - October 1, 2017
- 2017 NFL Week 4 Picks and Predictions
New York Giants vs. Minnesota Vikings Preview
Where: U.S. Bank Stadium — Minneapolis, MN
When: Monday, October 3, 2016, 8:30 PM ET
TV Broadcast: ESPN
With his calm demeanour and random clutch plays, especially during the playoffs, Eli Manning has generated a lot of believers, most notably hall-of-fame cornerback and NFL Network analyst Deion Sanders. Against the Minnesota Vikings, however, you can bet that those believers will feel a bit uncertain.
Excluding his NFC East rivals, no team has intercepted Eli more than the Vikes (14). His 54-percent completion rate and 54.8 QB rating against Minnesota are also among his career lows. We doubt that he’s deterred, though, especially if he has Odell Beckham, Victor Cruz, and Sterling Shepard as main receivers. All have great hands, speed, and tenacity for the ball, making them capable of producing big plays at any given snap. With pass-catching running back Shane Vereen sidelined for the whole season, the trio is bound to have more opportunities.
Manning has targeted the three wideouts in 60-percent of his passes this year.
Sam Bradford (5 TDs, 0 INTs) and receiver Stefon Diggs (6.7 receptions per game, 16.3 yards per catch) are providing quality offense for Minnesota, but the defensive unit is again anticipated to take the bigger spotlight. The Vikings D decimated the last two QBs it has faced, sacking Aaron Rodgers and Cam Newton a combined 13 times.
Where to Watch
This MNF game will be live on ESPN, 8:30 PM ET. You may also catch the game on your computers or tablets by subscribing to WatchESPN or NFL Game Pass.
- The Giants are 5-5 SU (5-3-2 ATS) in their last 10 road games
- The Giants have lost their last five games as underdogs (2-2-1 ATS)
- The Giants are 3-7 SU (3-6-1 ATS) in their last 10 games.
- The Vikings are 7-3 SU (8-2 ATS) in their last 10 games at home.
- The Vikings are 8-2 SU and ATS in their last 10 games as favorites
- The Vikings are 6-1 SU (7-0 ATS) in their last seven games.
This is a good day to put some money on a pass/sack play. Both teams are a bit shorthanded in the run game and the the front seven they’ll face are tough.
The Vikings (+4.5) win and remain unbeaten, 20-14.
Create a betting account now. Enjoy Monday Night Football even more!
2,140 total views, 1 views today