The Indianapolis Colts (5-6) have been banged up for most of the season, but they still have hope of returning to the playoffs. They’re getting some key players back – most notably quarterback Andrew Luck – for their must-win Monday Night Football matchup with the New York Jets (3-8) in Week 13. The Jets defeated the Colts 20-7 on Monday Night last season. Can they pull off the upset as home favorites this year?
NFL News and Previews
- Washington Redskins vs. Kansas City Chiefs Preview - October 2, 2017
- Oakland Raiders vs. Denver Broncos Preview - October 1, 2017
- Carolina Panthers vs. New England Patriots Preview - October 1, 2017
- 2017 NFL Week 4 Picks and Predictions
Indianapolis Colts vs. New York Jets Preview
Where: MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford
When: Monday, December 5, 2016, 8:30 PM ET
Line: Indianapolis Colts (-2) at New York Jets (+2); total: 49.0 – view all NFL lines
TV Broadcast: ESPN
The last time the Indianapolis Colts were in action, they were throttled 28-7 by the Pittsburgh Steelers on Thanksgiving. However, they were incredibly banged up during that game. They were without star quarterback Andrew Luck, as well as starting center Ryan Kelly. Corner Vontae Davis and wideout T.Y. Hilton were also very limited.
All four are practicing and are likely to play against the Jets, though. The Colts have won the last two games Luck has started, with wins against the Packers (31-26) and Titans (24-17).
Meanwhile, the New York Jets will be looking to snap a three-game losing skid. They lost a couple of close one-score games against the Dolphins and Rams, but gave the Patriots a fight in a 22-17 loss. The Jets, though, will be shorthanded on defense, and could be without as many as four starters, including lineman Muhammad Wilkerson.
The good news for the Jets is that center Nick Mangold and star wideout Brandon Marshall will play to help out quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick. Fitz had his best game of the year as he completed 69 percent of his passes for 269 yards and two touchdowns against the Pats.
Where to Watch
As always, football fans can catch Monday Night Football on the World Wide Leader, ESPN. Meanwhile, non-cable subscribers can also catch the big game through NFL’s Game Pass streaming service either live or on-demand.
Betting Trends on the Indianapolis Colts
- The Colts are 10-4 ATS in their last 14 appearances on Monday Night Football.
- The Colts are 2-0 ATS in their last two road games.
- The total has gone over in all five of the Colts’ road games this season.
Betting on the New York Jets
- The Jets are 1-4 (2-2-1 ATS) in five home games this season.
- The Jets are 7-2 in their last nine meetings against the Colts.
- The Jets are 6-0-1 ATS in their last seven games played in the month of December.
The total has gone OVER in five of the last seven meetings between these two teams. Both Andrew Luck and Ryan Fitzpatrick will pass the ball a fair bit, and they will be passing against two subpar passing defenses. Take the total to go OVER 49.0 in this matchup.
The Colts (-2) come out on top as they get the 31-27 road win.
Create a betting account now to get your bets in before this Monday Night Football matchup, and all the other NFL games coming up in the 2016 season.
1,893 total views, 2 views today